- Data exchanges are modelled in a graphical user interface based on Eclipse.
- User interfaces for simple HTML apps can be implemented using Rapid Application Development. These then run on the end devices within a hybrid web container app.
- SDKs (software development kits) are available for developing native apps for various end device platforms. These run within the respective applications.
Use of backend services by end devices
- The SUP functionality can be used on iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices.
- Offline functionality in custom apps can be achieved on end devices by embedding the appropriate SUP code libraries.
Administering applications and users
- Transmission security between the Sybase Unwired Server and the end devices is achieved through various methods such as SSL encryption and reverse proxies.
- Access permissions for applications, data and users are managed on the Sybase Unwired Platform. Active Directory and SAP roles can also be integrated.