In order to benefit systematically from mobile technologies, some crucial questions questions must be addressed:
- For which application scenarios, business processes, and management information do mobile solutions ensure a significant added value?
- Which groups of users enjoy noticeable benefits from being able to access mobile applications flexibly, at any time and from any place?
- With which architectural components can mobile solutions be set up sustainably?
Because mobile solutions often differ significantly from previous applications, a strategy for the development of the necessary competences must be worked out. This includes e.g.:
ability to master the necessary technologies for mobile solutions and their
application development needs to be integrated systematically into project
governance processes in order to address systematically all essential aspects - from design to safety.
- On organizational level, the environment and responsibilities of such a change need to be established.
Moreover, several core governance parameters need to be defined, e.g.:
- How many device platforms need to be supported and how should the support be managed?
the use of personal devices be allowed within the company? If so, which
need to be defined?
- How should the loss of data and devices be regulated and dealt with?
Based on your situation our experts can support you beginning with the definition of a roadmap, via the development of governance processes all the way to operational implementation and the corresponding coordination of projects and activities, our experts will provide you with corresponding support.
continue with Design of mobile solutions and processes