To build a scalable and flexible application landscape, the use of solution platforms and technology frameworks is essential. As a result, all solutions will benefit from a uniform functional and architectural foundation and can continue to be developed further on this basis.
The SAP Mobile Platform provides a good basis for SAP-integrated solutions based on the following technologies and core functions:
- Sybase Afaria
- Mobile Device Management
- Sybase Unwired Platform
- Online and offline connections to SAP and non-SAP systems
- Development of mobile data models and data synchronization
- APIs for the development of apps (native and hybrid)
- SAP Gateway
- Online connection to SAP systems
SAP standard mobile apps also can cover various requirements. In the area of SAP BusinessObjects Integration for Mobile, SAP provides the following apps:
- SAP Mobile BI
- Mobile reports and simple dashboards based on Crystal Reports or Web
- SAP Experience and SAP Explorer
- Ad-Hoc analysis, e.g. based on BusinessObjects universes or SAP HANA
BusinessObjects reports can also be used in combination with custom apps, because HTML or PDF output can be integrated into app functionality.
The integration of SAP BusinessWarehouse data in mobile apps is also possible, e.g.:
- Integration of SAP BW BEx Web applications and BEx queries into mobile apps;
- Accessing SAP BW features and data via RFC functional components;
- Accessing SAP BW BEx queries and displaying them in native or HTML5 components.
In addition to SAP technologies, there are also various non-SAP technologies that can be used in custom mobile apps, e.g.:
- Cross-platform development: Appcelerator,
- Native frameworks for iOS, Blackberry, Android, Windows RT and Windows Phone,
- Alternative mobile device management solutions.
continue with CubeServ packages and accelerators for mobile solutions